An under-cabinet microwave can be mounted under the cabinet by a professional and an individual with some experience. These are mounted under the cabinet and usually fit right into the cabinet space provided for them. As compared to the countertop microwaves, under-cabinet, and over-the-range microwaves, it saves a lot of space. Under-cabinet microwaves offer all kinds of features to the user that a traditional microwave has. Let’s see how to use under cabinet microwave oven.
Under Cabinet Microwave
The installation of an under cabinet microwave is fairly simple if you follow the guidelines given in the company’s manual; otherwise, you can get a professional’s assistance. The most difficult part throughout the installation process is connecting the microwave to an electric point. It also has various advantages as compared to other traditional microwaves.
How to use or program an Under Cabinet Microwave
While the installation, sage, and programming of an under cabinet microwave is simple and can be done very easily, it is still advised to help a professional while doing this process. Below are the steps to know how to mount Under Cabinet Microwave and use it.
- Choose an appropriate under cabinet microwave that fits the cabinet’s measurement or drawer provided in your kitchen.
- Locate the wall studs inside the cabinet or drawer in your kitchen where the microwave must be mounted.
- Place the mounting plate inside the cabinet. You may use a level to place it, to ensure that the plate isn’t at a slant. In case your microwave did not come with a mounting plate, check for a mounting guideline or blueprint and stick that on the back wall of your cabinet.
- Drill the holes in the right places and add the necessary screws.
- With the help of an electrician, hardwire the microwave to the nearest electric board. Most mounted microwaves do not have plugs and need to be hardwired, so use the necessary insulations.
- Once the hardwiring is done, you can mount the under-counter microwave in place.
- Switch the power on and test all the buttons on the microwave to check their functionalities.
Advantages of an Under Cabinet Microwave
While there are a few drawbacks to an under cabinet oven, there are many advantages as well. Under-cabinet microwaves come in various forms and brands. Some brands even offer drawers like under cabinet microwaves.
- If you cook often, you must be aware of the one problem that every cook or chef faces, ‘the problem of less counter space’. It is one of the biggest advantages of an under counter microwave. It does not take up any space on your counter, yet gives you all the features of any microwave, comes with added benefits and cooking styles like baking, etc.
- The drawer version of the undercabinet microwave is a viable option for people who cannot lift heavy things. They can pull open the drawer and place the dish inside without lifting it for long.
- Under cabinets, microwaves are a good choice for people with short heights because they can be installed under an average height counter, which can be accessed by anyone very easily.
- It is also a great alternative for those who have back problems as it usually does not require the user to do any stretch to reach like an over-the-range microwave.
- It gives your kitchen a very modern, shiny, and sleek look. Also, it gives your space a streamlined, stylish, and modern look.
There is a wide variety of under cabinet microwaves available in the market. Still, some of the best ones are the Wayfair under counter microwave, Ellica under-cabinet microwave, and the Kaff KMW under cabinet microwave.